We are seeking a talented WordPress Theme Developer / Web Developer to join our team on a contract-to-hire basis. This role offers the opportunity to work with us on a contract basis initially, with the potential for a full-time position based on performance and mutual alignment with our team and values.
At TriMark Digital, developers create custom websites for our clients by leveraging WordPress with custom-built themes. The selected Developer will be responsible for creating cleanly coded, front-end websites and custom WordPress themes from scratch, as well as maintaining and updating existing code. We want someone who is outgoing, creative and team-oriented with a passion for crushing code!
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop custom, responsive WordPress themes / sites / microsites / landing pages modeled after design comps (built using Adobe Creative Suite) provided by our Design Team
- Maintain and update existing client sites and projects (PHP / WordPress-based)
- Work with lead developers and designers to execute web development projects
- Ensure that projects function correctly on all supported platforms, browsers, and devices
- Leverage APIs, web-services, and third-party integrations as needed
- Maintain a strong understanding of site functionality, architecture, purpose and flow
- Work alongside colleagues to balance client needs, site functionality, and user experience
- Manage workflow and stay ahead of schedule on client projects and tasks
- Strategically and professionally represent TriMark Digital in client engagement meetings both in-person and over the phone
- Demonstrate an understanding of current and future web development trends
- Must have experience developing and/or maintaining custom WordPress themes and sites
- Must be able to comprehend and author custom PHP to satisfy site requirements
- Must possess a keen understanding of HTML / CSS and their current trends
- Must demonstrate the ability to markup HTML/CSS/JS that captures design comps provided by our Design Team
- Must have experience with using a CSS preprocessor language like Sass / Less
- Must have experience with the WordPress Gutenberg block editor and creating custom blocks
- Must have experience using the Advanced Custom Fields (or similar) plugin
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of relevant front-end web development experience (agency experience a plus)
- Must be available to work on-site at our office headquarters (Raleigh, NC), with the option for a hybrid or full-time schedule, in accordance with company policies
- Must be detail-oriented, possess a clean code-writing style, and demonstrate intuitive code organization
- Must be proficient in using a comprehensive code editor (e.g. VS Code, Atom, Sublime Text, etc.)
- Must have experience with maintaining project updates via a Git repository
- Passion for learning and a curious mind
- Teamwork mentality—you will work closely within the development team where collaboration is essential to our success
- Strategic thinker—we will challenge you to think outside the box and have fun!
- Foundational understanding of WordPress and WordPress theme development
- Experience using Gulp as part of your development workflow
- Basic understanding of the LAMP stack
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment on a number of simultaneous projects
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrates a keen attention to detail
What We Offer
Our goal is to raise the bar for agency benefits. Our people are our advantage—why wouldn’t we do everything we can to take care of them and their families? We’re progressive, and not everyone gets it—but that’s what makes TriMark such a special place to work.
- 100% of health insurance premiums paid for by TriMark (for employees and children)
- 100% of vision and dental insurance premiums paid for by TriMark (for employee)
- 401k matching—100% up to 6% with no vesting period (once employed for 1 year)
- Paid time off (PTO) for vacation + personal time
- Flexible working schedule
Our office reflects who we are as a team—interactive, creative and fun! Perks include our modern office in the heart of Glenwood South, a casual dress code, a coffee and sparkling water bar, happy hours and an annual ping-pong tournament. (We said we like to have fun!)
Ready to Apply?
If you think you’re the perfect person for the job, click below and follow to our digital application. If we think you’re a potential fit, we’ll reach out and take it from there.
TriMark Digital, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.