We’re actively seeking a Prepress Production Designer who will be responsible for properly creating print-ready files for offset, large format, and digital presses. They will need to be able to precisely interpret a variety of different artwork specifications and print advertising task orders for well-known international brands. Required to meet consequential deadlines, attention to detail while working fast will be key! We welcome junior or senior-level college student applicants.
Experience in the printing industry or working with newspaper design is a plus.
Part-time (~30 hours/week) with opportunity for full-time employment after a trial period
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 2 years of education in graphic design
- Must have some experience in the printing industry or prepping files for print, preferably both. Agency experience or experience designing for a newspaper is a plus.
- Must be reliable and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite products (especially Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Sense of urgency with simultaneous attention to detail
- Quick learner! Our business is evolving constantly.
- An attitude for teamwork and the drive to succeed.
- Passion for the technical process, the details and a production workflow that keeps things moving.
- Executes production of creative and graphic concepts from the design team
- Uses Adobe Creative Suite programs (mostly Illustrator and Photoshop) to properly prepare files for print based on a variety of different printing specifications
- Takes ownership, leads initiatives and successfully executes through all stages of production development on target, on time and on budget
- Quickly produces a variety of layouts based on initial artwork provided and print guidelines
- Offers graphic design ideas, solutions, and alternatives based on performance metrics, opportunities for improvement, and client objectives
- Ensures consistency of file structure and organization
- Interacts regularly with designers and other team members as needed for completion of assigned projects
- Maintains and enhances the client’s identity by working within the corporate brand standards
- Effectively uses our project management systems to track time on all projects and communicate with the internal team about deadlines & projects
- Understands the client’s design needs and methodology
- Communicates effectively with peers, senior leadership and clients across all topics from business to creative
Ready to Apply?
If you think you’re the perfect person for the job, click below and follow to our digital application. If we think you’re a potential fit, we’ll reach out and take it from there.
TriMark Digital, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.