Love telling brand stories through compelling design? Have a passion for bringing out the best work in other creatives? We’re looking for a Director of Design to join our integrated agency team, with key roles including management of our design group, improvement of creative and production processes along with some hands-on creative implementation for key clients. In this role, your responsibilities would be split between team management (75%) and hands-on design work (25%). Read on for more specifics and if you think you could be a fit, we’d love to chat.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage and lead a team of designers to success, inspiring creative visual solutions for campaigns across channels, including web, digital advertising, email marketing, social media, print and more
- Manage and implement processes for more effective design thinking and production, along with processes for better cross-departmental collaboration
- Possess a keen understanding of creative and performance marketing strategy, especially as it relates to visual implementation, and coach / guide designers on finding the right creative solutions
- Develop one-on-one relationships with design team members to identify strengths and opportunities of growth
- Oversee design team operations, including resource management and technologies used or needed, while fostering positive team dynamic
- Ensure team and individuals are motivated and inspired to create their best work
- Maintain the agency’s standards of creative excellence, timeliness, and profitability, while achieving client goals
- Collaborate with strategists, content writers, art directors, developers, and business partners to align with visual systems, creative guidelines, performance learnings, and strategic business objectives
- Assist with projects for key clients, ideating concepts and seeing them through to completion with a thorough understanding of performance metrics, client goals, creative problem-solving, visual strategy and best practices
Qualifications & Skills
- BA in graphic design or relative design field
- 8+ years of professional experience with a strong graphic design portfolio and experience managing teams of creatives
- Strong organizational skills required — must be able to multitask in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, under tight deadlines
- Understanding of design management and workflow
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite products – mainly Illustrator and Photoshop
- Advocate for creative problem-solving
- Sense of urgency with simultaneous attention to detail
- Quick learner! Our business is evolving constantly.
- Mindset rooted in team collaboration and the drive to succeed
- Ability to think strategically and creatively to solve design problems that might have several limitations
What We Offer
Our goal is to raise the bar for agency benefits. Our people are our advantage—why wouldn’t we do everything we can to take care of them and their families? We’re progressive, and not everyone gets it—but that’s what makes TriMark such a special place to work.
- 100% of health insurance premiums paid for by TriMark (for employees and children)
- 100% of vision and dental insurance premiums paid for by TriMark (for employee)
- 401k matching—100% up to 6% with no vesting period (once employed for 1 year)
- Paid time off (PTO) for vacation + personal time
- Work-Life Benefits and Wellness Package
- Flexible working schedule
Our office reflects who we are as a team—interactive, creative and fun! Perks include our modern office in the heart of Glenwood South, a casual dress code, a coffee and sparkling water bar, happy hours and an annual ping-pong tournament. (We said we like to have fun!)
Ready to Apply?
If you think you’re the perfect person for the job, click below and follow to our digital application. If we think you’re a potential fit, we’ll reach out and take it from there.
TriMark Digital, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.