If you are a self-motivated design guru and leader, who possesses a growth-oriented mindset, enjoys team collaboration, and shares our excitement of creating top-quality brand work that performs, you might be the perfect fit for our Art Director position. The AD will be responsible for taking ownership of a wide variety of campaigns, both print and digital, for one of our top-investing international clients. Attention to a crazy amount of detail is required for this client. If you have project management and print experience combined with a passion for multi-channel marketing, this is the job for you! A passion or experience in the golf industry is a plus.
— Currently, this is a remote position but we are looking for someone that eventually can be present frequently in our Raleigh HQ office —
- Manage design projects from concept to completion
- Determine design vision for projects/campaigns and that the vision is consistent across digital and print
- Ensures the client’s goals are being met
- Lead and inspire the design team and facilitate creative brainstorming
GOAL-ORIENTED APPROACH / ELEVATED DESIGN STRATEGY / QUALITY COMMUNICATION
- Ensure client goals are being exceeded by proactively mentoring and directing other designers effectively in design thinking, visual branding, digital strategy, and UX strategy
- Communicate directly with clients and internal team members on a day-to-day basis to determine how to best represent a creative strategy visually
- Present visual solutions & designs to the client for approval/review
- Collaborate with other designers to make sure our clients are provided the most innovative and effective visuals for their brands
- Design the initial overall look of a brand or campaign, while directing other designers to ensure brand consistency across other materials
- Assigns tasks to designers based on their workload and expertise
- Provides direction and feedback to designers, while recommending updates to copywriting, animation, etc.
- Decipher client feedback and relay brand objectives, direction, and details to the design team effectively
- Make sure that all work that goes to the client is on brand and that campaigns maintain a cohesive look and feel (visuals, messaging, etc.)
- Schedule and direct photoshoots
- Lead weekly client design meetings to discuss current projects, project statuses, timelines, and planning of future projects
- Use campaign data to improve ad design
SOLUTION-ORIENTED APPROACH / PROACTIVE INSPIRATION & MOTIVATION / FORWARD-MOVING
- Collaborates and strategizes with the team regarding creative for multi-channel campaigns
- Quality Assurance – Proofreads items sent to client and print vendors and checks print files in order to make sure they are set up correctly.
- Bridge the gap between marketing & design by being more involved in the day-to-day with the SEO, PPC, Content, and Client Service teams
- Assist in managing design workload, budgets, and timelines for monthly clients to make sure tasks are evenly distributed and each team member has a good work-life balance, while still providing the best service for our clients*
- Owning of asset organization practices/processes
- Train new designers on assigned accounts and educate them on company processes
- Promote and guide the creation of a balanced, exciting, cutting-edge & always-improving design department
- Review and approve designs, artwork, photography, and graphics developed by other designers
- Inspire other team members to step outside of their comfort zone, push the limits, & improve their skills
- Identify work process improvements and implement with the help of other Directors
- Stay up-to-date on current trends, technology, and industry research in order to promote a proactive forward-moving approach throughout the design department
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 3-5 years of art direction experience
- Strong creative vision
- Concept development and design experience
- Experience leading a team of creatives
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Project management experience
What We Offer
Our goal is to raise the bar for agency benefits. Our people are our advantage—why wouldn’t we do everything we can to take care of them and their families? We’re progressive, and not everyone gets it—but that’s what makes TriMark such a special place to work.
- 100% of health insurance premiums paid for by TriMark (for employees and children)
- 100% of vision and dental insurance premiums paid for by TriMark (for employee)
- 401k matching—100% up to 6% with no vesting period (once employed for 1 year)
- Paid time off (PTO) for vacation + personal time
- Flexible working schedule
Our office reflects who we are as a team—interactive, creative and fun! Perks include our modern office in the heart of Glenwood South, a casual dress code, a coffee and sparkling water bar, happy hours and an annual ping-pong tournament. (We said we like to have fun!)
Ready to Apply?
If you think you’re the perfect person for the job, click below and follow to our digital application. If we think you’re a potential fit, we’ll reach out and take it from there.
TriMark Digital, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.